Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Different Kind of Splurge

My parents came last week. Dad got meetings while my mum... well, my mum tumpang ikut for a memborong spree (weeeeeeeee.... i like!)

During dinner I was telling my mom how the baby loves to kick me during meal time. And my mom said “bawa la ia bercerita” (translation: talk to the baby la).

“Err… I sing to him all the time, does it count?”

And my dad, knowing my predictable reply said “read him stories, mengaji banyak2”

Ok la, pardon my ignorance... bikin shy only. We don’t really need the internet to know dat we should start interacting with the unborn baby now, even my ol’ skool mum knows about it. So, berdasarkan keinsafan yang masih fresh, last week I ignored the urge of shopping for other baby stuff and splurge on these instead:





I love tis book! Reminded me of my own book zaman dolu2

And tis:

Tis book is funny coz it was written and published by an arab dude but the cartoon semua muka melayu

I think I spend 1 hour sitting at the lantai of MPH (coz my feet is killing me!) and finally choose 4 books. Dan saya pon dengan bersemangatnya membaca buku2 ini aloud tiap2 malam sampai suami saya pon sudah boleh hafal the stories.

We hope for the best for our children.

No harm hoping, no harm trying...

7 comments:

farrahar said...

oh i saw the 1st book at mph alamanda and i thought it was great!

selalu masa aku di ofis aku pasang headphone on my tummy and put on the yassin. sometimes i just put the headphone on my lap and turn on the volume slightly higher so that i could listen to it too. adam loved it cos i always felt him kick everytime i let him listen to it.

MyMatahari said...

Yaa... saya pun mengidam itu headphone yang ada sponge gumuk n expandable, looks comfy utk dipakai di perut.

The book sungguh best! Beli la 4 adam. Aku rasa aku yang terlebih excited dari si baby bila aku baca ini buku. Kalau ko pigi sana mph midvalley, confirm juling mata coz soooooo many choices. Itu yang aku sampai terduduk tu. Ni blum lagi pi kinokuniya...

Reminiscing my chilhood, saya mengaku I'm a bookworm dulu!

farrahar said...

kinokuniya nda syiok suda. they wrap all the kiddie books so susah mau read thru before choosing the right books, have to bring the wrapped books to the counter and request them to tear off the wrap.

JuSh said...

Sungguh ku tak percaya sifat keibuanmu mula terserlah wahai jiji.hehe

MyMatahari said...

JuOn: Aku pon tidak menyangka... ko tau la aku nie!

-bba- said...

The word verification for this comment is: sulamish (haha, funnynya!)

My baby kicks whenever me and husband cuddling. Terpaksa la SANG husband to back off and kiss goodnite sama the baby, baru the baby stop (dalam perut lagi sudah pen-jeles).

Uuu, I just love it when the baby kicks the tummy. We've imagined the baby doing the dance yang terkutuk itu...shuffle! HAHAHAHAHA!! Bikin panas!

MyMatahari said...

Kar, aku sudah tau pattern c baby: Active at 5am-6am, 10am-11am, 4pm-5pm, 10pm-11pm and 3am sampai nda tau sudah sbb aku sambung tidur!