Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Part Where I Refuse to Be Blamed


Seriously people, I have NOTHING to do with it.

I got the news late afternoon, and from my sources it was goin to be higher (float=harga sebenar) than wat Pak Lah had announced later. Thank god for that…

I stumbled upon Dato' at the car park rushing to the press conference for the big announcement and wen I asked if its goin to be 'The Day', he just smiled and I give him a thumbs up and said "well, gud luck Dato"...

The 'thumbs up' is not on congratulatory-mode at all, nor for sarcasm too…

Just an honest good luck.

My heart goes to the low income group and kampong folks. Wat ever economic corridor you introduce ka or explaining world oil crisis blab la bla is irrelevant to them, wats important is whether they have enough money to buy food or enough money to buy petrol to go work or enough money to buy buku teks anak…

Well peeps, tho not much but maybe this might help:



  • Car pool to office, balik kampung and shopping trip

  • Start cooking at home and eat out less (jimat the minyak on traveling)

  • Anticipate the price of food, household items etc etc will increase… so start saving

  • Start education fund for your kids or if you have plan to have kids. It is estimated that a child’s education from tadika to University in the future can reach 400k!

  • Buy small car (hehehe…) or get a bike

  • Change to NGV, the cost to change your tank will be around 2-3k… but it’s a gud investment memandangkan the price of petrol will not (ever?) go down

  • Don’t speed, dat will drain ur tank faster and it kills

  • Buy property now! We are liberalizing market i.e harga bahan binaan will be volatile

  • Buy environmental-friendly product, reduce pollution and recycle

Maybe I should start a blog dedicated to consumerism, wat say u?

I’m so depress… I need a new shoe

8 comments:

qirzah said...

It's times like these that I'm glad I don't own a car.

Take into account that RM 1 = Argentine Peso 1;
Price of 1 litre petrol for both countries are RM 2.70 and Pesos 2.80 each.

Then take into account that both government officials have (more or less) the same salary base.

But, here, the prices of everyday commodities and food supplies are almost double that found in Malaysia. So how do they cope - well, barely, that is?

Once I find out, I'll let you know. In the meantime, I wish the Malaysian Government would realize the importance of a good and efficient mode of public transportation. I still can't get from Point A to Point B in KL without having to change to another public transportation. I mean, here in Argentina, I can go from one end of the city to the next by using the subway (maybe change once, and even then, I don't have to pay another round). Subways and buses here costs like 90 cents per ride (Peso 1 on a bus if it's almost outside the city).

That said, I still have a thing against buses, but have been made to take it here!

If the Government of MALASia (that's how it's spelt in Spanish, fyi), can improve on the nation's public transportation system, I doubt the rakyat can complain too much.

Until then, THIS Vivacious Superboy will continue to fly (high as a kite).

alamanda said...

hua hua hua! camne nak car pool. aku anak beranak pun dah penuh dah. huhuhu. tapi idea lain cam makan masak sendiri, start saving and tak pecut memandu dah mula dah tadi. huhuhu. tindakan segera. org rebut rebut pegi beli minyak, aku rebut rebut pegi beli periuk kukus idamanku sebelum harga die naik. huhuhu. dan nyonya kedai tu kata,'wah manyak bagus lu beli ini hari. ini stok lama. nanti itu stok baru dtg sudah lain halga ooo.' kira bijak la tu. huhuhu. dan anak aku yg umur 8 thn tanya kenapa minyak naik harga, mak beli kukusan pulak. huahuahua! ketawa je la.

anaidrun said...

My hubby yang suker sgt argue tu kan, tanya, apsal naik banyak sangat.

Aku kata watpe tanya orang, tanya la Pak Lah. kehkehkeh. Patut aku kata, tanyalah DG.

Apa pun ia sudahpun naik...Malaysian, tak payahla nak buat demonstrasi2 jalanan. Baik la pikir cara nak budget our expenses macam DG buat ni ha.

-bba- said...

I am thinking, "mana mau cari duit mau beli minyak next week ni???"

MyMatahari said...

Riq: Just had my Starbucka and guess wat, no lines! Hehehehe

Ummu: Investment tu.. nanti I share recipe steam fish chinese style ok? 10min only...

DD: Itu ko kena tanya JuOn laa.. MOF and EPU yg proposed, kitorg enforce je. Itu pasal aku kesian kt Dato'...

MyMatahari said...

Kar, c zain kan ada superbike... kau tap dia jak la.

Do you know dat I dunno how to naik beskal? 3 roda boleh laa... and mesti dalam hse compound only. Syndrom anak bongsu, overly protected!

alamanda said...

tq darling. wah, kurus la aku selama kawan dgn ko nanti. boleh la merasa pakai nyonya's kebaya sebelum aku mati. huhuhu. ko tau babe, aku tak pernah kurus sejak umur aku 13 tahun. since that age i've been called 'gemuk'. huhuhu. bagi ha resepi tu. betul kata ko tu kan babe. rebut rebut beli minyak nantikan habis jugak ye tak. baik pegi beli kukusan. kukusan mana boleh habis kalau org tak curi kan babe? ok bubuy. eh jengok la page aku plak babe.

farrahar said...

bah, siapa yang mau ada anak, apa lagi, mari lah kita berclothdiaperan dan berbreastfeedingan! jimat rm400 sebulan yeehaaaa!