Monday, June 30, 2008

The Fact Received With Jaw Drop

I just discovered something really perplexing and somewat disturbing....

The issue: I am not eligible to buy land or a house which bearing the title ‘tanah rizab melayu’ coz apparently I’m not a Malay.

(I mean WTF la kan?!!!)

The reason: In my surat beranak it is stated that I’m a Melayu-Brunei, hence being categorized as bumiputera Sabah and not Melayu per se.

My source: An ex colleague who happen to be an ex assistant district officer handling land matters. So I assumed it’s valid and realiable.

My question: “If tats the case… the only Melayu who can actually buy property di tanah rizab melayu are those orang asli atau Melayu Proto coz other Malays are actually Melayu-Jawa or Melayu-Bugis or Melayu – mamak or Melayu- Patanni etc etc etc?”

then WTF is the difference?

Eventho I have no plans to buy a property under dat title, nevertheless I couldn’t help it but to feel discriminated…


Last week, someone was saying to my face “Apa la you all Sabahan nie demand lebih-lebih, mengada-ngada… If you are so not happy, why don’t you all keluar dari Malaysia je?”

Am I obliged to answer that pointless remark?

No.

I pity dat pakcik’s ignorance… tsk tsk tsk

~~
I have just open another wedding present from my dahling brother Stien V.L... Love the wrapping eventho he need not to coz I know wats innit (i bug him to buy me cake mixer but forgot to specify the brand). Wedding prezzies still coming in... alhamdulillah, bless you all.
(Tell me, anyone know where I can gadai a crytal vase which worth a return ticket to EU? I am not 'cultured' enuff to appreciate these things).

4 comments:

qirzah said...

Aiyoooo. . . dei.

This issue of race sungguh perplexed. Kalo dorang mau gaduh nanti, suruh dorang tunjuk belak an weit yg membezekan apa itew "melayu" dan "melayu-something else". . . Kalo cam tu lah kan, ai setuju ngan yu. Where got tulen melayu!

And yu is Sabah pipel lah . . . Wai lah dat ol man buat statement laik det wan. Very de DUH

alamanda said...

jgn sedih huh g. aku penah tgk insiden ni dulu. masa sebok sebok org asn. my sister, actually adopted by my mother tak dpt beli. sebabnye die dari keturunan dkk. since that day die cam sedih sgt sebab nampak gab die dgn adik adik lain. selama ni die tau mak kitorang ni la mak die. walaupun die memang tau die anak angkat, tapi tak dibincangkan hingga la ke hari die nak beli asn. kesian die aku tgk. tapi aku selalu ckp ngan die, "there's no different between u and me. kita dibesarkan oleh org yg samakan?" so g, don't be sad ok. sapa yg buat org sakit hati akan disakiti juga nanti. sabar k.

farrahar said...

jie, nda terkomen aku jie...

baru lah aku sedar selama ni aku salah isi borang.. kalau kena tanya bangsa aku selalu tick [melayu].

bukan melayu rupanya orang sabah ni kan? tu belum lagi diorang tau beza bumiputera sama pribumi!

MyMatahari said...

Riq: Yeah... sapa berani mengaku pure malay angkat tangan?

Hanis: x sedih anis, geram je...

Farrah: Tis is not the 1st experience ko tau. Dulu masa mau buat passport d pst bdr damansara the counter lady said "permohonan dari sabah/ sarawak siap 2 bulan yee". Buguk! Aku bukan mau apply permanent resident, jst a damn passport! Sudah la dia layan aku btul2 mcm PATI. I demanded to see the ketua pengarah and he's been helpful then TARAAA... my passport siap in 3 days! And do you know dat d Jabatan Pendaftaran ada 'kaunter khas sabah/ sarawak'? Ala2 kaunter OKU gitu....
Perhaps we should go back to homeland, don't u think? I don't want my kids (if any) to face d same things...